Thursday, July 23, 2015

We like to PARTY!

We had the best time at Sadie's FIRST birthday party!! It was so fun to celebrate with all of the people that have loved and encouraged us through pregnancy and the first year of parenting. We are forever grateful for all of you!!!

One of my dearest friends, Alisa, offered to bring her camera and take some photos during the party....she is amazing and I am always blown away by her gift (she also took photos at our trip to the strawberry patch in May). Grab a tissue and watch the sweet video she made for Sadie. :)



Nic's brother, Adam, is deployed right now but his wife, Jackie, and their kids cam to stay with us for the weekend so they could be at Sadie's party! Anna Claire helped me with all the prep work. We served homemade pink lemonade, fruit, homemade salsa, and sugar cookies (I was going to make the cookies but the dough just would not cooperate! Pilsbury is tastier anyway ;)). I made some decorations that I plan to hang in Sadie's room and we ordered a sweet little "smash cake" from a bakery called Sweet Meg's. It was strawberry flavored with buttercream icing. We were very surprised when Sadie did NOT tear into her cake. Typically, if you put food in front of Sadie it is devoured in seconds (for real- she is hard to keep up with!) but she was pulling away from her cake as we tried to give her bites. She is too funny! The paper goods came from Michael's craft store (I spotted them back in February and mom encouraged me to snatch them because they were likely to be gone before I got back to them!) The tablecloths came from Walmart and were a whopping $1.47! The gold glitter decor is from a family at church that has been passing them around from party to party. :) 


Lemons! Squeezing lemons is actually really fun! 
Anna Claire "helped" make sugar cookies :)


Pre party selfie...Sadie is just thrilled! 


loves.her.Daddy.

About as messy as she got. Girl didn't like her smash cake! 




No comments: