Precious little one,
I have loved you since the day I learned of your existence. I have prayed for you and craved to hold you. I cannot wait for your arrival. I want to see who you resemble. I want to caress your baby soft skin and touch your tiny face, tiny toes. I want to tell you how much Jesus loves you. I want to whisper Truth in your ear and sing sweet lullabies to calm you. I want to rock you to sleep and watch you reach exciting milestones. You, my love, are special. I wish that circumstances were different, but I know that God's plans are big and greater than anything I could ever dream into existence. You are a part of His plan and I can't wait to see the story as it unfolds. As we wait for your arrival, we are hoping and praying for a beautiful beginning. You were a surprise to us, but not to God. He planned for you to be a part of our family right now and I am so thankful. You have already been a huge blessing and you will continue to be a blessing as long as you have breath. I cherish your life and I can't wait to get to know you!!! I hope that we grow to be close and have a special bond. You might think I am crazy, but that is OK...Everybody needs a little crazy.
You have experienced a lot during your time in the womb. You lost your grandma before you even got a chance to meet her, and I am sorry. You would have loved everything about her. She wanted so badly to meet you. She looked at your picture everyday until she passed, and I have no doubt that she was praying for you all the time. I wish I knew her better than I did, but I do know that she was a wonderful, Godly woman who treasured her family and would do anything for anyone. One day you will learn about the months leading up to your birth and you will see how amazing God has been and will continue to be through everything.
You are going to have the best daddy ever. Your daddy has been proud of you from day one. He carries your pictures in his wallet and talks about you often. He is worried about how he will do everything- finish school, work, be the provider, and care for you all the while. He wants the very best for you, his first child. He has been planning for your birth and I know that he will be the most amazing father you could ask for. He has been an amazing brother- he knows just when I need a hug, he is compassionate, caring, strong, funny, a great leader, and so much more. I often spend time thinking about the ways he will care for you and it makes my heart melt. He will snuggle you, rock you, change you, feed you, clothe you, and be so very excited as you grow into a handsome man. He will be the dad who films your first steps, your t-ball games, and performances. He will teach you the love of an earthly father and more importantly, a Heavenly Father. He will pray for you, support you, and encourage you. When you are sad, he will wipe your tears. When you are lonely, he will comfort you. When you are happy, he will rejoice with you. Your father is one of a kind, and you are blessed to have him. He will make mistakes from time to time, but you should love him through it and learn from them as well. He will teach you a lot, but you will teach him so much more. You already have.
Life will be hard, but trust God through it all. He will never let you down.
I love you little one, and I cannot wait to meet you.
2 comments:
This was precious. What wonderful thoughts.
AMEN
Post a Comment